Principal Electrical Engineer
Los Angeles, CA or Columbus, OH – Headquarters
Apply your creativity and passion to a growing, innovative medical device company that is working to improve patients' lives. We take pride in a truly entrepreneurial environment, unique technical challenges and a collaborative culture. We welcome you to explore Avation and be part of a talented group and an exciting company..
- Lead all Electrical, Hardware design and Testing activities for innovative medical devices.
- Design of Digital/Analog circuits, power and wireless systems.
- Design and manufacture of printed circuit board assemblies per IEC60601.
- Plan and conduct testing for product development and design feasibility.
- Coordinate Verification and Validation tests, write protocols and test execution.
- Perform system modeling and simulation using analytical tools such as Matlab.
- Lead and build necessary tools, setups, equipment and fixtures for testing.
- Develop and run automated manufacturing tests for systems and sub-systems.
- Participate in IP expansion, pipeline growth and continuous improvement.
- Ensure adherence to Design Controls and Risk management per ISO 14971.
- Work in a cross-functional team and actively contribute to all aspects of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical equivalent.
- 6-8 years of experience in medical device product lifecycle development.
- Knowledge of Digital and Analog circuit design for embedded systems.
- Experience with test planning, execution and protocols in a regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of system integration, architecture, and software-driven medical devices.
- Experience with quality systems, documentation, protocols, and reports.
- Independent, creative, collaborative with strong positive can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of standards including IEC 60601, IEC 62304, ISO 14971, ISO 13485.
- Knowledge of control theory and digital signal processing
- Familiarity with systems and lab tools such as Labview, Matlab and Python
We are seeking candidates who are.:
- Driven by the desire to bring innovative medical technologies to market that will improve the lives of patients.
- Passionate about applying themselves to improve the lives of patients.
- Intellectually curious, motivated by innovation and open to new ideas.
- Leaders who take individual ownership while placing high value on teams.
- Energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.