Senior Software Manager – Connected Devices
Los Angeles, CA or Columbus, OH – Headquarters
Apply your creativity and passion to a growing, innovative medical device company that is working to improve patients' lives. We take pride in a truly entrepreneurial environment, unique technical challenges and a collaborative culture. We welcome you to explore Avation and be part of a talented group and an exciting company..
As a key member of the Avation R&D team focused on the development of innovative neuromodulation systems, you will:
- Lead development of Application software for Avation neuromodulation devices.
- Hands-on software architect to design and develop iOS, Android and Cloud applications.
- Incorporate User Input, Human Factors and Architecture in developing Mobile Apps.
- Define and implement Cybersecurity protocols for Firmware, App and Cloud environment.
- Design and develop API’s for data management and information on Cloud.
- Define, establish, execute and lead software verification and validation activities.
- Support data analysis, predictive modeling, Artificial Intelligence and machine learning.
- Develop software system in accordance with IEC 62304, IEC 62366 and HIPAA.
- Support clinical studies, regulatory submission and product pipeline expansion.
- Ensure adherence to Design Controls and Risk management per ISO 14971.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 10-15 years of professional experience in complex software development.
- 5 years of experience in medical device software lifecycle or Digital Health.
- Proficiency in programming environments – C, C#, Java, .NET, SQL.
- Knowledge of software integration, architecture, and software-driven medical devices.
- Experience with quality systems, documentation, protocols, and reports.
- Independent, creative, collaborative and innovative with strong positive can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of standards including IEC 62304, ISO 14971, ISO 13485.
- Masters' in Computer Science.
- Experience with medical wearable technologies or neuromodulation systems.
- General knowledge of embedded systems, algorithms and data analytics.
- Functional and agile project leadership experience.
We are seeking candidates who are.:
- Driven by the desire to bring innovative medical technologies to market that will improve the lives of patients.
- Intellectually curious and motivated by innovation.
- Energized by working with a diverse team of innovators.
- Self-empowered leaders who take individual ownership while placing high value on team results.
- Energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident in rapidly assessment information and making informed recommendations.
- Open to new ideas and viewpoints and enjoy working in a team environment to develop new ways of thinking.